5.6 MG Longview Storage Tank & Pipeline
Imagery ©2018 Google Earth
EMWD’s 160-ft diameter storage tank is supported by a concrete ring wall foundation. Construction included a 1.5:1 (H:V) cut slope on the northwest portion of the tank site and a 2:1 (H:V) fill slope on the southern portion of the tank pad. Tank site development included a 500-foot access road and pipeline from Longview Lane. The project also included the construction of 5,600 lineal feet of 24-inch diameter CML&C welded steel pipeline.
IFE prepared the design geotechnical investigation report. Our investigation included a seismic refraction survey to evaluate the extent of blasting required to excavate the tank site.
- Observation and compaction testing during tank pad excavation and grading, access road grading and paving, and trench backfill
- Preparation of daily geotechnical reports for all site visits
- Laboratory soil testing for maximum density, sieve analysis, and corrosivity
- Preparation of final compaction and laboratory test reports
- As-needed geotechnical consultation during project construction