John J. Benoit Detention Center
The John J. Benoit Detention Center is currently under construction in Indio, CA. The $330 million project will replace the current undersized 353-bed jail originally built in the 1950s with one featuring 1,626 beds.
IFE is the project geotechnical engineer of record. We are currently providing soils and materials testing services during construction of the foundation and all site improvements.
- Observation and compaction testing during earthwork, trench backfill, and site paving
- Shoring and tie-back inspection
- Logging and inspection during construction of more than 300 CIDH piles
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Reinforced concrete inspection and test cylinder fabrication
- Compressive strength of block, prisms, mortar, and grout
- Asphalt concrete testing (theoretical maximum-density, extraction, and aggregate gradation