Acacia Middle School Modernization
The $27 million Acacia Middle School modernization project included construction of a new gymnasium, locker rooms, an administration building, and a parking lot, along with the modernization of existing classrooms.
IFE was retained by Hemet Unified School District to perform the geotechnical engineering investigation and geoseismic review. Issues needed to be addressed included foundation design (shallow and deep foundations), liquefaction and seismically-induced settlement, and expansive soils.
- Reinforced concrete inspection and test cylinder fabrication
- Reinforcing steel testing
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- High strength bolt, nut and washer testing (tensile strength and hardness)
- Structural steel welding inspection (shop and field)
- Reinforced masonry inspection
- Masonry compressive strength of block, prisms, mortar and grout
- Concrete compressive strength testing
Additional Featured School Projects:
Hemet Elementary Reconstruction
Pinacate Middle School Modernization